• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I got the latest Heritage catalog today...

8 posts in this topic

...and it was quite mediocre as far as Saints go, even a lot less than usual. Maybe I am getting spoiled, or maybe there really is a shortage of good material out there (I write these as just last Saturday I got another letter from them pleading with me to part with my collection, just one coin, or two? every little bit helps! I felt like I was getting mail solicitations from a panhandler!). Anyhow, for Saints, there was the run of the mill HRs from MS-63 to MS-63, some "grade rarity" common dates that were the majority of the plated coins (mostly MS-65 to MS-66, which in all honesty are pretty tough on some of these dates). The highlights? A 1921 with its own page, now granted, this is an Super rarity, but it was graded MS-61 by PCGS with two MAJOR dings in the obverse field (the photo is on page 266 of the catalog, or online it's lot #8071). If I was going to pony up the five or six figure price for this one, I would hate those dings! I would value it by them, "so hun, what did I pay? $40,000 per ding? or was it $50,000?" Then they have a nice plate of a 24-D in MS-61 (at least this one seems to have deserved that grade), right below a 1924 in MS-66 as though they were roughly equivalent coins (you know my answer on that one) and finally another non-descript plate of a 26-D (a hugely underrated rarity) in MS-62. That was it, all those pages, and three (3) coins that interested me, one of which I wouldn't even consider bidding on. Of course, they also had a nice matte proof-67 1911, but hey, I just don't collect the proofs! tongue.gif So are any of you finding similar situations in the areas you collect?

I probably got it but just deleted it. I really only read e-mails from them if it's a wantlist notification. Robert, don't worry, I doubt they really care what you have at this point! Certainly my collection would probably make up only 2 pages in a catalog, so don't feel bad!

All I got was a form letter telling me they need to buy my coins, actually 100 million worth in the next six months. I'm flattered that they think I've got what they need. If they only knew. boo.gif

All I got was a form letter telling me they need to buy my coins, actually 100 million worth in the next six months. I'm flattered that they think I've got what they need. If they only knew. boo.gif

I get that one also. Well, actually I get two copies of that email. One is with two letters in my name transposed and the other my name is spelled correctly. No matter how many times I ask I can't get them to fix this so I just get two copies of everything now.

Some dealers are starting to have a somewhat better stock of a few better date Saints lately. I think that higher prices (possible temporary market top-out?) have finally broken a few loose. They still are not coming out of the woodwork.

Yea, got my catalog in the mail today too. Was VERY dissappointed with the few Jeffs they had. Now, granted, there aren't any Jeffs that can compete with the majority of other denomination coins, but only 12 MS's and 3 proofs? Blah! mad.gif

David