• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aha! Just as I figured: CAC goals redefined!

62 posts in this topic

A good question Mike:

1. From a lot I have seen, ANACS and ICG coins are owned primarily by collectors or small dealers (but then NGE is not a small dealer) - CAC's exclusion of these TPG's pushes these people aside. A conspiracy theorist would argue there is a plot underway to eliminate ANACS and ICG and force collectors to liquidate their ANACS, ICG material for next to nothing.

2. While I favor NGC as a TPG over the others - I know some of the graders of ANACS / ICG personally - these are high caliber, very professional individuals. So I have to wonder why these services have been excluded. Teletrade or ebay did not exclude them.

3. I have had people bash ANACS / ICG coins at my table at shows saying "don't you discount ANACS coins?" and not even have looked at the coin itself or "thats a nice PQ coin for one in the wrong holder." The first guy was just looking to pick it up for nothing and flip it to PCGS, probably at a higher grade. Perhaps the exclusion of ANACS / ICG by CAC touched a raw nerve.

Regards, Parker the SC Player

589a95c219d26_57308-191110ANACS58.jpg.959ff07873062da1520ef38dac676e5d.jpg

589a95c21c6ce_57309-191110ANACS58rev.jpg.16041cd7e7b2fe4624af5faba8077b86.jpg

While I favor NGC as a TPG over the others - I know some of the graders of ANACS / ICG personally - these are high caliber, very professional individuals. So I have to wonder why these services have been excluded.

I thought we were told that CAC was only going to sticker coins in holders for which there are "pop reports". I never did understand the rationale behind this seemingly arbitrary decision, however.