• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay-Anacs graded

5 posts in this topic

This coin looks decent for the price...Except for slight mark under chin.

What do you all think??

Or is Anacs an over graded slab party?

Item # 290220514815

ANACS is usually pretty good but they have their share of over and under graded coins. That mark under the chin is actually a clash mark. There are also some strong clash marks on the reverse.

I think this is a great coin from what I see. It has beeming luster. The "mark" you saw under the chin is a clash mark cause when the dies came together with out a planchet between the dies. This cause the reverse impression to be made on the obverse die. You see the eagle's wings upside down.

p.s. I have a MS61 1831 half dime for my registry set as well and it looks much better than the grade would imply, same as this coin, IMO.

ANACS is usually pretty good but they have their share of over and under graded coins. That mark under the chin is actually a clash mark. There are also some strong clash marks on the reverse.

Those are some pretty cool looking clash marks IMO!