• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grading company choice.. a dilema

3 posts in this topic

Well I have been going through my collection, and decided it is time to get some of my raw coins graded. My main collection is O mint Morgans. All of the graded coins I have in this series are ANACS graded, now I like the small slab they use, and I agree with the grade on all but one that I think is undergraded. I have about 10 in this series that are still raw (12 already slabed) and I started thinking of sending them to NGC since I have heard lots of good things about them here (who would of guessed that!) wink.gif but then my collection would be graded from two companies, with different sized slabs, so it wont look neat.

So what do you folks think? Stick with Anacs for them, or get these graded by NGC, then crack and send in the others when time/money permits?

It's the coins that matter. However, I personally crossed my ANACS coins out because I find the slabs too small.

The slabs really don't matter. If I had to pick, I'd go with NGC over ANACS for resale value. However, take into account the slabbing fees are more at NGC.

Either service will likely do an excellent job on the grading.

If you want accurately graded coins at a good price in conveniently sized holders, and you aren't concerned with registry set eligibility, I would go with ANACS. Sometimes ANACS coins are a little harder to sell but you can still get full value if you sell them to someone who is interested in coins and not holders (so that isn't an issue in my opinion). I also like the smaller slab. Even Morgan’s get lost in those bigger plastic holders.

NGC will cost you more money, but their grading will also be excellent, and the coins will be easier to sell quickly. You will also be able to use them in the registry.