• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

important numismatic books for sale

9 posts in this topic

the story of the american bank note company by william griffiths

copyright by the american banknote company 1959 printed in usa

with a small note inserted and written by fredrich colclough chairman and prez.

saying this book is sent with his complimentsw and also commemorating their 100 th anniversary of their organization

there are 8 inserted steel-plate printed pages in different colours and special paper in this book and the pages feel like intaglio raised printing of famous vignettes used on currency

all done by this company itself; the whole book designed engraved and printed by them

a history of the company hardbound as new condition

also many other illustrations in this book

92 pages

inserted pages of the engravings printed in the new york plant of the american banknote company printing plates prepaired from ORIGINAL DIES IN THE VAULTS OF THE COMPANY originally engraved by the company's master engravers

letterpress printing by william e rudges and sons.

gravure printing by photogravure and color company

offset prinitng by meehan-tooker company inc

binding by russell rutter company inc.

edge spine wording is bilt and book approx. 9x11 inches with clear mylar original dust cover

overall a fantastic superlative history of ameicas only banknote printing company

$55 plus 7 for insured usps mailing total $62 dollars

please pm me

payment united states postal money order only in the amount of $57 dollars

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sold..............................................................................

and i trust you :shy:

but it is easy for me to cash small amount and mail out at the same time in one place due to my stroke (the day after thanksgiving 2007) and my current limp

Michael, I wasn't aware that you had a stroke. I'm so sorry. Now, I feel bad.

Several years ago, Al, one of our neighbors on the next street, had a stroke. He was in his sixties, and it was pretty bad. He couldn't even walk down the driveway to pick up the newspaper. The state took away his driver's license, but apparently wasn't aware that he also had a motorcycle license. About a year after the stroke, he bought a customized, three-wheel chopper for about $40K, and started hanging out with a biker crowd of retirees. Now, when he decides to go out for a ride, he roars down the street (and it is very loud) just to let everyone know that he is alive and well.

Chris :foryou:

oh please chris do not worry or feel bad

we are all friends on here and it was a good natured thing no problems!!!!!

but many do not like this post office thing but now it is easier for me, also i am way better as since i was almost 50 i bounced back quite nicely but with still a gimp/limp my right side

no harm done or taken my friend :foryou:

james you own that book thnaks!!!!!!!!!

You never even told me that, Mike. Guess that you're certainly not the whining type. Still, I'm sorry to hear that, Michael. :sorry: