• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSHO: 1996 "Natura" Series Elephant 1 oz. Proof Gold Bullion Coin, KM#204

9 posts in this topic

I'm listing this for an acquaintance, and am not taking anything for it. She has this coin from the South African Mint. Sorry, I don't have a photograph of the actual coin, but you can see a similar one listed in World Coins under my thread, "Can someone help me?"

$875 includes shipping & insurance.

PM me if you have any questions.

Chris

I'm listing this for an acquaintance, and am not taking anything for it. She has this coin from the South African Mint. Sorry, I don't have a photograph of the actual coin, but you can see a similar one listed in World Coins under my thread, "Can someone help me?"

Chris

That's a good deal.

Why are you selling it for under melt though?

Chris

That's a good deal.

Why are you selling it for under melt though?

She wants to unload it because she is not a coin collector. She is a jeweler, but she doesn't want to see this pretty piece go to the melting pot. Some of the local dealers offered her less than that. However, if gold continues to go back up, I may just change the asking price.

Chris

Well, I gave all of you the chance to buy this at a reasonable price, but since the price of gold is on the rise again, it is now $925, which is still below melt.

Chris

That was (and still is) a pretty nice deal on the gold.

Michael, another point of interest is the fact that, Mandleve, the bull elephant portrayed on the obverse was such a magnificent animal that the government assigned six bodyguards to protect him 24/7.

Chris

Oh, now I want it! :þ

It is a beautiful coin and I was tempted to buy it but I need to allocate my funds elsewhere for now.