• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why collect errors? (KingCon don't say anything about your stupid die sctratch)

36 posts in this topic

Coolcoin, are you sure you've never heard of kingcoin? Saying you would pay alot for a coin because of a die crack in that particular spot. Saying peeing gymnyst is a funny name, maybe so people wouldn't suspect you are kingcoin? I'm sorry for acusing you of being kingcoin. It's just mighty odd that shortly after a kingcoin leaves a coolcoin shows up, interested in the same types of things.

Coolcoinguy-

Kinkcoin was a previous poster who had difficulty understanding that just because a coin is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. But I'm sure you could think of plenty of coins that are rare that aren't valuable, couldn't you?

I collect die varieties, not errors...but some people insist on calling them errors anyway.

The reason I collect them, mainly, is because I find identifying the ones I have found to be challenging and rewarding, and I like the fact that there are so many different ones to collect in what would otherwise be rather inexpensive, easy to find coin series.