• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1913 S ty 2 restored date Buffalo Nickel

5 posts in this topic

I have been doing some date restoration on buffao nickeIs, I found a 1913 S ty 2. I had to nic-a-date the date and also a little on the mint mark to see that it was an "S". I know it is not worth too much, but it is a key date. Does anyone know how to price restored date nickels?

Tim

Usually valued at 25% or less than a non-acid dated coin would bring.

Frequently people will dip the entire coin in acid to give a uniform look and bring out more details.

I kind of think that it would be a fun and inexpensive way to complete an entire set of buffalos using nic-a-date. I know that it wouldn't be worth much but with today's hot buffalo market and high prices it would still be a cool set. Hey, I think that I'll do that someday. Yea, the album would be worth more than the coins but................what the heck! It would be fun. Yippie Kai Ay!

Usually valued at 25% or less than a non-acid dated coin would bring.

Frequently people will dip the entire coin in acid to give a uniform look and bring out more details.

Thanks for the tip, Gregory! Good to know.