• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your favorite state quarter design?

26 posts in this topic

My favorite to date is the Arkansas design. Even though it is a busy design, it still works quite well.

I just saw the finalized Michigan design. Voters decided to 86 all of the little icons around the Great Lakes design. Great move!!! It would have been very tacky otherwise, IMO. Now, the finalized design has an outline of all five Great Lakes with a map of Michigan showing the topographical terrain. Very nice and simple.

Of course, my favorite design of all is my own for the Oklahoma state quarter.

http://66.223.46.51/attachments//208531-okla%20design.jpg

Thank you for the complement.

I think that Maine ranks #2 with Missouri and their broccoli sticks draggin' behind in last place. It a shame, too, because the original design was very esthetic. Leave it to the beaurocrats and politicians to mess things up a majority of the time.

That is why Arnold will probably be a good governor since he is not a professional politician. Well, at least he can't do any worse.

sign-rantpost.gif

As Mankind progresses in all arenas the one lacking is coin design.

Who here would not agree that Classic designs are more inspiring and attractive than ANY State Quarter?

I'm disapointed with all of them but, subject on point: I'd vote for the New York but only in MS67 or better.

My favorite design is the Massachusetts PMM.

Then the Ohio PA.

Then the South Carolina PW.

Then the Lousianna two PPs.

Then the two drunkards rowing the boat with the anchor still out on the Missouri.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

I like the Mississippi. They actually did a good job with the magnolia. I also like SC, VA, NJ and ME fairly well. The quarters struck in silver are quite a bit more attractive than the clad.

Hoot

I know this sounds crazy, but I like the GA quarter. Its simple design is GREAT. I hate those quarters where they try to put everything but the kitchen sink on it! They look like a bad souvenir token. I also like the fact that it can be difficult finding a mark-free peach. PA runs a close second, very classic looking. popcorn.gif

i really like the ark design also it is in the top in terms of OVERALL GOOD LOOKING STATE QUARTERS SO FAR!!

the diamond in the middle really makes it look good and quite unusual!

but i like overall the HORSE RIDER REVERSE delaware?? aND the mass quarters the best

michael

I know this sounds crazy, but I like the GA quarter. Its simple design is GREAT. I hate those quarters where they try to put everything but the kitchen sink on it! They look like a bad souvenir token. I also like the fact that it can be difficult finding a mark-free peach.

Good post, I agree whole-heartedly!

I just love that "bad souvenir token" comment. It sums it up nicely.

Delaware, mainly as a reflection of my personal bias as the state where I was born and raised. There are so few Delaware coins or tokens to collect that it's always a pleasure to have a chance to get another one. acclaim.gif

For second place, I vote for new Hampshire. What libertarian could argue with the motto, "Live free or die." 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd go with the NJ and the Mass. designs. Simple,elegant and inspiring. Don't care for most of te newer ones-too cluttered or touristy.I remember the confusio of the first couple. People asking why Paul Revere was on the Delaware and what Washington crossing the Delaware had to do with NJ, ect....