• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone done business with this company?

6 posts in this topic

Is there anyone here who has done business with R&I coins? I have bought three coins from them. (My Kennedy registry set) They sell good coins with fair prices. I would like to know if anyone else has done business with them. They have an eBay ID, in fact, they have three. (UltimatCameo, RegistryCoin, and DeepCameoCoin) I like the coins and the prices, as I said above they sell good coins with fair prices. The only problems I have had with them are the following:

First, it took over two months to get my 77-s Kennedy to me, to make it up they gave me a credit for the cost of the coin and the S&H.

Second, they said I did not pay for my 74-s Kennedy (which I had paid), to make it up they sent my coin overnight air.

Third, when I used my credit for my 64-s they said I still owed the money, to make it up they sent it two-day air.

If you have not heard of them they have a website. ( R&I Coins ) I am thinking of starting a Franklin half collection, and I am thinking of buying my first coin from them. Therefore, my question is: Does anyone think this is a good idea? Or, does anyone know of a better place to buy my first coin?

Joe,

I have dealt with them quite a bit, but not for a while (since completing my Franklin set in 2000). They are a solid company, and they are really good for reasonably priced modern coins with really great eye appeal. That is why I bought about a third of my Franklin set from them, since I wanted them all white and brilliant luster. I will admit, that I bought far more coins from them on eBay than direct, since the prices were lower (and they have new coins up all the time it seems). Hope this helps!

Joe,

I haven't done any business with R&I because I don't collect that type of coinage. (I'm an MS kind of guy.) But, if I were to pursue proofs, I'd certainly look them over. They have a good reputation.

Hope this helps...

EVP

I forgot to mention, my Franklin set was all MS, no proofs (though I did buy one cameo proof for type). They do a lot of both MS and Proof, but just modern stuff, like Washingtons, Jeffersons, Roosevelts, Franklins, Kennedys, Lincolns, Ikes, and mini-dollars.

Joe,

I have bought several MS quarters from them in the past two years and have had nothing but good experiences.

Good luck on your collecting endeavers.

Doug