• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 W burnished eagles MS70

7 posts in this topic

Some people believe that they are worth more in PCGS Holders due to population etc. There is no firm evidence to this and a MS69 etc is an MS69.

Why pay more for the same coin in a dfferent holder?

Hype from the coin dealers. How would they know a year ahead of time about the grading Standards?

I saw one the other day where one of them wanted $499.00 for a 2007W in MS70 and a 2006W in MS70

I haven't checked for a few months but one could get a 2007W in MS70 on EBay for about $75.00. This would mean that the 2006W was worth $424.00.

This is nonsense . Last year the hype by them on the 2007 W was it was going to repeat the population of the 2006W and they weren't going to make anymore etc. How would anybody know months in advance that no more than 400,000 or so of the 2007W would be produced by the U.S.Mint?

This is nonsense . Last year the hype by them on the 2007 W was it was going to repeat the population of the 2006W and they weren't going to make anymore etc. How would anybody know months in advance that no more than 400,000 or so of the 2007W would be produced by the U.S.Mint?

And also curiously, at least recently (I didn't check today), the 2007W Silver Eagles (Uncirculated) were AGAIN available directly from the US Mint on their web site. I read other postings where members here were told from reps when they called the "US Mint Product Ordering Service" that the problem was that they weren't out of the coins, they were out of the boxes, and once the boxes were back in stock, they made the coins available again. I have NO idea if this is true, but the coins were in fact available, and I snapped up a bunch more while they were.

The Mint had them listed at $21.95 (compare that to say that $31.95 Proof Eagles for 2008) and that silver was hovering at $17 per ounce -- so just a few dollars over melt!

GRAB GRAB GRAB DID I! :applause:

I guess my point is that there is all SORTS of hype to try to move product, and when the Mint doesn't even know what it's got until the FOLLOWING YEAR, well, that tells the tale, and I'm not just talking numbers produced, I am talking inventory on hand!

I don't know the Status as concerns the U.S.Mint. I do have a 2006 and a 2006W in Mint State 70 and a 2006W in MS69. The reason for two 2006W is that I bought the 20th Anniversary set for about $100.00 from the U.S.Mint. Meanwhile I joined NGC and started a Registry in the A.S.E. I bought a MS70 fo a pretty good price on EBAY.

Later I decided to send it my set to NGC but found out that since I had not sent it in directly from the Mint that only the Reverse Proof would qualify for the Black Label. I sent in the Reverse Proof alone and it came back as PF70.

I then sent the other two in with some A.S.E Proofs and they came back as a MS69 and PF69 Brown label.

I purchased a A.S.E. 2007W MS70 on EBAY for about $72.00. I still have one in OGP due to a subscription as well as 2007 MS70 also bought on EBAY.

The other night I saw on one of the Coin shows where they wanted $399.00 for a 2004 .S.E in MS70 . This is also ridiculous.I didn't spend anything close.

The 2008 MS70 at $299.00 and above is riduculous. I have two Registrys for the A.S.E. Mint State. One is about 50% MS70 and one is MS69 with very few MS70.I bought a 2008 A.S.E MS69 on EBay several days ago for $26.00 already in the NGC Holder for the lesser one to keep it up to date. The T.V. Coin shows are $39.00

The coin shows look to me as a 40% TO 50% mark up above other sources as long as people will pay it.