• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest addition!

12 posts in this topic

I just got this in the mail! It's a 1956-D NGC MS66 Washington Quarter! It has rather attractive toning, at least in my opinion!

This is my registry set description:

Rich rings of deep rainbow colors encircle the obverse. The reverse rims are encircled in iridescent green, followed by lots of iridescent magenta, and the centers are toned an amazingly bright shade of yellow! Great luster and solid MS66 surfaces! Gorgeous!

56520-1956Do25.jpg.11eb3da5bc7e4385d96fc10c113330f9.jpg

My goal is to collect only those coins with amzing eye appeal. I do have a few white coins, but most of them are probably going to end up being beautifully toned, because that's what I prefer. I have a few pictures on my registry set (its #12 on Washington Quarters 1932-64, if you want to check it out).

I like MS67's a lot, but there are some nice MS66's out there (This one comes to mind!), so I don't mind adding MS66's to my set, even though they are worth so few points on the registry.