• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a little help with adding pictures to my Registry

3 posts in this topic

Hello, i am new to the Registry and this board. I want to add pictures to the coin sets that i have recently created here and own. Not being a picture taking pro, i am having trouble adding my pics under 120k. I have tried & tried and i cannot get them below 120k and still take a nice detailed pic. Amy from NGC suggested i pose the question on the board here. Anyone have a way to get this done and add detailed pics of my sets? I would greatly appreciate any tips and help that any of you may have. Thank you.

I just added a bunch of pics to my collection and I had the same trouble. With a little work it is possible. I can only tell you what I did, and it worked for me. First, open the picture you want to adjust, right click on the pic, scroll down to "open with", select "paint". This will open your pic in paint mode and you'll have to do some adjusting in this mode to decrease the size of your image. At the top of paint, click on "image", scroll down to "stretch/skew". Becasue of the size of my images I went from 100% to 25%, give or take, on both the "horizontal" and "vertical". I would save the pics in a different file in case it makes your images too small. You have to do some trial and error. This brought my sizes from 1.5MB down to around 65kb, and I'm very pleased with the images. You can check them out under SSery, proof dime collection.

Depending on the size of you pics, your percentages might be a little different. Give it a try, hope this works for you.