• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are "Complete" sets recognized somehow?

33 posts in this topic

then you both should know that I removed both of my #1 sets before the registry deadline this year..I did this so that the #2 sets owners could enjoy getting an award ( a little paper cerificate which would've sat in my drawer gathering dust with the others).....

This is one of the reasons that I think that the NGC boards is a microcosm of some of the finest individuals on the planet. (thumbs u

I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it but a good idea would be to highlight the completed set in a different color.

I agree with this notion and not with a system of bonus points.

Another problem I have with the Points for completion is this:

If you have a set of Moderns then do you get points for completing the Set each year when you fill the void spot in 2008 and 2009?

This could present a problem because they did not make any Morgans after 1921 and the Registry for them would not particpate.

The Color code highlighting the completion seems to be the best idea.Also if you complete a set say the A.S.E in 2007 and get points fro completing it and then don't update in 2008 do you get points taken away ?

Sounds like a nice little addition, to make it all official and would really make some people happy.

Personally, if it could it could be systemically programmed to send an automated congrats, why not?

Similar to how eBay congratulates you when you reach a new level of feedback, I mean do we think that eBay monitors that and sends the emails personally? Of course not, they are automated.

So, if the system was structured to recognize sets that are 100% complete, it could send a congratulatory email, with maybe even a "certificate" looking thing and the [FILL IN THE BLANK] part would be the name of your Registry Set, hey, don't we love cheesy stuff like that?

Admittedly, it involved programming that doesn't currently exist, presumably, but if it was done, once it was done, it wouldn't require work by a person to make it happen each time someone achieved the level.

Heck, the auto-email could even offer competition by trying to get you to improve the set by telling you how many sets in that category are "better."

All sorts of possibilities.

Obviously, not a "must have" just a "nice to have." Not a critical function by any means.