• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for the Legend Hot Topics page

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

We would like to hear your "hot" issues. In November, we'll select four people's articles and list them (one per week). Simply email us your draft, we'll select the best four, and we'll notify you before we list it.

Any topic is open; it can be controversial or educational in nature. Deadline: 10/28.

Please be advised that we reserve the right to edit any submission.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm preparing my Article titled "Everything you wanted to know about Franklins but were afraid to ask."

Surely this will make the cut!

How about one in which Laura brings up an excellent point with the Pop Reports...

Pop Reports

Mark Sherman posts his first message in a month in which he states:

The distortions in the pop reports are certainly a problem, but not a completely insurmountable one. PCGS has the ability to print out the submission history of every coin, by grade. It shows the submission date, and the name of the submitter. Repeats of the same coin (especially for lower pop rarities) can often be easily identified.

Over the next few months, David and I will be using this history, and hopefully making some much needed corrections to the pop report. Obviously we won't be able to fix everything, but for some of the more significant rarities, it will certainly help.

I think we can all agree that the pop reports are off but I wonder if they will take as much care running the report for the rare coins as they will for the common coins.

There are probably a million opinions on this, but most people will probably just resubmit their opinions and not return the inserts, therefor the correct amount of opinions on this topic is really around 8,979,409... Makes for a great hot topic and anyone can take my idea.

-Dave

As a reminder:

WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR HOT TOPICS. IN NOVEMBER, WE'LL SELECT 4 PEOPLE'S ARTICLES AND LIST THEM (ONE EVERY WEEK). SIMPLY EMAIL US YOUR DRAFT, WE'LL SELECT THE BEST 4, AND WE'LL NOTIFY YOU BEFORE WE LIST IT. ANY TOPIC IS OPEN. IT CAN BE CONTROVERSIAL OR EDUCATIONAL. DEADLINE: 10/31. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EDIT ALL SUBMISSIONS.