• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lincoln red book by Bowers

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I was hoping to see it at the Whitman Atlanta Show next month, but it won't be ready by then. I'm told sometime in November.

The 3rd edition of David Lange's "The Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents" appeared in 2005. It's thorough, but I would have liked to see detailed photos of the die characteristics of the MPLs.

Nonetheless, I think that just about anything Bowers has authored is worth reading and will buy a copy. In terms of timing, a new Lincoln cents book would probably be of greater interest if were to come out in 2010, after the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln cent.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just to clarify a common misunderstanding, there has never been more than one edition of my Lincoln Cent book. It has gone through numerous printings and changes to the cover design and publication information, but the content remains essentially the same. We swapped a few photos around, but that doesn't qualify as a new edition, and I wish other booksellers would stop listing it as such.

Just for information purposes I contacted Whitman Publishing and asked if they were producing a Lincoln Cent Red Book by David Bowers and got the following response:

Thank you for your inquiry to Whitman Publishing, LLC. We are producing A Guide Book of Lincoln Cents. This book will be available in December of 2007 and will cost $19.95. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you again for your inquiry.

Thanks

Whitman Publishing, LLC

Now I'm assuming(shame on me) that Bowers wrote this book, but they did not truly confirm this. I hope so.