• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think My Topic Got Bammed - Original Skin Question Poof ?

10 posts in this topic

This is strange I had posted an "ORIGINAL SKIN" question which was answered by a few folks and now it is gone ... Any Ideas or AM I JUST BLIND ... Is it because I had said it was for sale too ??? hmmmm Dunno a Little disappointed if it was bammed ...

Question again is Do You prefer an "ORIGINAL SKIN " coin albiet not a Pretty toning to it - to one that was 'washed' 'dipped' ??

Coin in question is this on wether the tone detracts from its value or in fact adds to its value

42349-sandiego_d_sm.jpg.ca1c014d6b69691441467d08d1fc967f.jpg

This is strange I had posted an "ORIGINAL SKIN" question which was answered by a few folks and now it is gone ... Any Ideas or AM I JUST BLIND ... Is it because I had said it was for sale too ??? hmmmm Dunno a Little disappointed if it was bammed ...

Question again is Do You prefer an "ORIGINAL SKIN " coin albiet not a Pretty toning to it - to one that was 'washed' 'dipped' ??

Coin in question is this on wether the tone detracts from its value or in fact adds to its value

That is strange Mike i saw the thread also. Also saw the link to the coin.

Personally i preferr original "crispy" or original "extra crispy" in chicken and coins :hi: (thumbs u

That is strange Mike i saw the thread also. Also saw the link to the coin.

Personally i preferr original "crispy" or original "extra crispy" in chicken and coins :hi: (thumbs u

Thank you so I am not goin Loopy

42350-loopy.jpg.ad2a735346a9943b2ad3669aeb4ae410.jpg

Mike, you may still be "loopy",all the data has not been posted and the verdict is not yet in. lol

Some toned coins I like and some I do not like-some toned coins look merely dirty around the edges and some are absolutely beautiful. Some coins totally devoid of toning which are silver colored are gorgeous to me and then the same coin lightly toned is as attractive. For example:

1917SLQobvcomparisoncopy.jpg

I feel either coin is equally enticing to own IMHO. I think some toning goes to far and is not that attractive.

original skin is important

pretty colors mean less and less to me as time goes on

occasionally dipped, but infrequently

Chad does make a good point re eye appeal.

Personally I like finding nice problem free, well struck coins with good eye appeal, toning is a secondary aspect when considering coins for my collection, which has become mixed with both white coins and toned. I’m willing to pay strong prices for coins that I like and feel fit my collection, although I don’t pay more for a coin just for its color alone.

What doesn’t cut it for me are silver MS coins that have dulled and lost luster do to over or improper dipping and also coins real dark toning that hides the coins surfaces and details. I also don’t care for silver coins get that really heavy skin that is light in tone but clouds the surface finish and hides the coins luster, the dull look takes a lot of the eye appeal away for me.